Hello, Undergraduate and Graduate Students!
Iasa is excited to announce the first IT Architecture Competition for full-time undergraduate and graduate students. The participants will be required to deliver an end-to-end architecture solution for a real world business problem. Each team will comprise of maximum 3 students from same or different universities. The duration of the competition will be approximate 21 weeks. Winning team will receive a $10,000 prize, and certificate of achievement.
Why do I participate?
- Opportunity to architect a solution for a real world problem
- Employment & internship opportunities in the greater Seattle area
- Mentoring with practicing architects from Costco, REI, Microsoft, T-Mobile, Nordstorm, F5 Networks Inc. and others
- $10,000 prize in addition to exposure, learning, and employment & internship opportunities
How do I participate?
- Form a team of maximum 3 students of ANY discipline from same or different universities
- Register a team for the competition
- Attend orientation & educational sessions from IT professionals
- Work closely with an assigned mentor -- a praticing architect from the industry
- Develop architecture document comprised of Conceptual, Infrastructure, Information, Security & Software Architecture
- Deliver presentation to judges, IT professionals & students in the final event
Who will help me?
- Each team will be assigned with a mentor -- a practicing architect from the industry, who will work closely with a team to help understand architecture and provide guidance.
- Mentors will be:
- Enterprise architect from Costco,
- Enterprie architect from REI,
- Solution architect from Amazon, etc.
Who will evaluate?
An independent expert panel comprising of Academia & highly experienced IT architects from the industry
- Open to fulltime undergraduate & graduate students of ANY discipline
- Must complete all deliverables for the competition
- All deliverables are evaluated by a panel of eminent judges
- Evaluation will be a weighted sum of points for each deliverable
- Solution will be evaluated for innovativeness, realizability & originality
- All judges’ decisions are final
When & Where:
- Orientation & Educational Sessions: October 1-15, 2016
- 3 Deliverables: November, 2016 - February, 2017
- Final Presentation: February 15-25, 2017
- Final Event Venue: Greater Seattle Area