Hello, Undergraduate and Graduate Students!
Iasa is excited to announce the third Student IT Architecture Competition for full-time undergraduate and graduate students. The participants will be required to deliver an end-to-end architecture solution for a real world business problem. Each team will comprise of maximum 3 students from same or different universities. The competition starts on Sunday, November 19, 2017 and the final event is on Saturday, April 7, 2018. Winning team will receive attractive prizes, and certificate of achievement.
Why do I participate?
- Opportunity to architect a solution for a real world problem
- Employment & internship opportunities in the greater Seattle area
- Mentoring with practicing architects from Costco, REI, Microsoft, T-Mobile, Nordstorm, F5 Networks Inc. and others
- Attractive prizes in addition to exposure, learning, and employment & internship opportunities
How do I participate?
- Form a team of maximum 3 students of ANY discipline from same or different universities
- Register a team for the competition
- Attend orientation & educational sessions from IT professionals
- Work closely with an assigned mentor -- a praticing architect from the industry
- Develop architecture document comprised of Conceptual, Infrastructure, Information, Security & Software Architecture
- Deliver presentation to judges, IT professionals & students in the final event
Who will help me?
- Each team will be assigned with a mentor -- a practicing architect from the industry, who will work closely with a team to help understand architecture and provide guidance.
- Mentors will be:
- Enterprise architect from Costco,
- Enterprie architect from REI,
- Solution architect from Amazon, etc.
Who will evaluate?
An independent expert panel comprising of Academia & highly experienced IT architects from the industry
- Open to fulltime undergraduate & graduate students of ANY discipline
- Must complete all deliverables for the competition
- All deliverables are evaluated by a panel of eminent judges
- Evaluation will be a weighted sum of points for each deliverable
- Solution will be evaluated for innovativeness, realizability & originality
- All judges’ decisions are final