Hello, Undergraduate and Graduate Students!
SITAC is a one of it’s kind IT architecture competition open to all undergrad and graduate full time students. There is no requirement about the field of study, we have students from all faculties participating in the competition.
Students get an opportunity to understand and practice the techniques of designing an information technology solution in the context of challenges, constraints and needs that are similar to the real world situations. An experienced mentor will be assigned per team to guide the students.
Why do I participate?
- Opportunity to architect a solution for a real world problem
- Employment & internship opportunities in the greater Seattle area
- Mentoring with practicing architects from Costco, REI, Microsoft, T-Mobile, Nordstorm, F5 Networks Inc. and others
- Attractive prizes in addition to exposure, learning, and employment & internship opportunities
How do I participate?
- Form a team of maximum 3 students of ANY discipline from same or different universities
- Register a team for the competition
- Attend orientation & educational sessions from IT professionals
- Work closely with an assigned mentor -- a praticing architect from the industry
- Develop architecture document comprised of Conceptual, Infrastructure, Information, Security & Software Architecture
- Deliver presentation to judges, IT professionals & students in the final event
Who will help me?
- Each team will be assigned with a mentor -- a practicing architect from the industry, who will work closely with a team to help understand architecture and provide guidance.
- Mentors will be:
- Enterprise architect from Costco,
- Enterprie architect from REI,
- Solution architect from Amazon, etc.
Who will evaluate?
An independent expert panel comprising of Academia & highly experienced IT architects from the industry
- Open to fulltime undergraduate & graduate students of ANY discipline
- Must complete all deliverables for the competition
- All deliverables are evaluated by a panel of eminent judges
- Evaluation will be a weighted sum of points for each deliverable
- Solution will be evaluated for innovativeness, realizability & originality
- All judges’ decisions are final